Search This Blog

Monday, November 18, 2013

Philly Marathon update

So here is my weekend running recap. 

Saturday took Bella for a nice easy 1.5 mile trail hike. Then taking it easy for the day to prepare for the Philly half. 

Sunday morning wake up at 4:40 to give myself time to get to Philly and get to the run for a 7 AM start time. I was actually feeling great and ready to run hard and set a new PR for the Half.  Met MB at our office gym, then we did a light 1 mile jog to the starting line, no problems with security all went smoothly. 

Race started at 7:00 on the nose and at 7:08:08 we cross the starting line running strong with my @Energybits, and keeping up a pace around 8:30 per mile.  Then at around mile 6 I start getting a weird feeling in my stomach, which continues to get worse as I go, just before mile 8 I had to completely stop the race as my stomach was cramping so badly I couldn't run anymore  

So needless to say a disappointing race weekend for me. Especially since I was well on my way to getting that new PR. Stomach still a bit queasy today, not sure what happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment