Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

3 Part training Plan

So I just read this article from Runner's World by Christie Aschwanden called Your 3-Part Training Plan. 

Seems pretty interesting and a lot different than my typical training schedule.

Here is a link to the article:  http://beta.active.com/running/articles/your-3-and-45part-training-plan?cmp=17-1-4887

Check it out and let me know what you think about this training plan.

Basically talks about having 3 phases to you training.

Phase 1:  Base, this is used to build your base miles by slowing increasing your mileage and add a little speed work in.

Phase 2:  Preparation, this will build endurance.  Doing longer runs and strength training

Phase 3:  Peak, this is focusing on speed work to prepare for racing. You still do some long runs but more shorter runs at faster pace.

I will have to do some more research on this before I commit to making a change in my training routine.  

No comments:

Post a Comment