Search This Blog

Monday, July 1, 2013

CANCER SUCKS

Hello All,

I haven't posted in a bit, due to some bad news that I had to deal with.  My Mom was diagnosed with Melanoma a skin Cancer about 2 years, she had it removed but not before it spread to her lymph nodes.

Well last week I got a call from my sister saying Mom was not doing so well, so I had to take some time off to go see my Mom and Dad.  They live in South Carolina so it is a bit of a hike to get there to see them.

Well she didn't look good at all, apparently the Cancer treatments have taken there toll on her body as well as the Cancer itself doing it's number on her.  The treatments were working at first, killing the Cancer but the Cancer fought back and became resistant to the treatments.  So they were going to start my Mom on a new experimental treatment but she needed to get all these test done first.

Well the tests showed that the Cancer has now spread throughout Mom's body and is growing at a very aggressive rate.  The doctor gave us the bad news, prognosis, he thinks that Mom has until the end of the summer before the Cancer will take her life.  I personally don't think it will even be that long just given the way that Mom looks.  The pain that she is in is horrible, so we had to take Mom to the hospital so they could treat her, they have since moved Mom to a Hospice house now and the pain is under control.  Happy for at least that part, she is resting comfortably now.

My Dad just doesn't know what to do with himself, they have been married 54 years, he tells me he can't sleep at night because my Mom is not there with him.  He hasn't slept alone in 54 years so it has to be tough. He has to now take care of everything at the house, cleaning, cooking, paying bills, everything.  Mom has done all that stuff for 54 years, plus raise 7 of us kids.

Sorry for the depressing post today, I just need to get it off my chest.

CANCER SUCKS...

So I haven't run much this last week, but I managed to get a couple days in just enough to clear my head and think about things for a little while.

I am back home now but heading back to Mom and Dad's at the end of the week to spend some more time with them.

I will be back to running today, gonna get back on track with the training.

Well that is all for now.
Thanks for letting me vent.

No comments:

Post a Comment