Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

After all this, now a cold to slow me down even more.

Hello All,

Well I got back to my training runs and wouldn't you know day 3 back into it and I wake up the next day with a sore throat.  I tried some Airborne to try and knock it out before it develops into a full blown cold, but alas that didn't work out so well.  Going on day 3 with this stupid cold, feeling weak, congested and irritable.

I tried running with the cold the first 2 days but it just seemed to make the cold worse, so I am on day 2 of resting and hopefully this cold will be gone by the weekend so I can get my long runs in over the weekend.  I am on week 8 of my 18 week marathon training schedule so I have a 7 mile and 15 mile run scheduled for the weekend.  I am trying to recruit a friend to come out with me for my 15 mile run to give me inspiration and motivation to keep going.  She like to run and keeps a pretty good pace, hopefully she will agree to come out.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to get rid of a cold quickly?  Tried NyQuil and DayQuil the last 2 days but they just seem to mask the cold, once they wear off I am back to sneezy and stuffy.

Well that is all I have for today.

Thanks
Joe




No comments:

Post a Comment