Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

CANCER SUCKS PART 2

Hello Everyone,

I am back again after almost 2 weeks without a posting.

My Mom was battling Cancer, a Metastatic Melanoma that had spread throughout her body and on July 9th she lost the battle and passed on to a better place.

It was a hard thing to see her the way she was, in so much pain and lost over 50 pounds.  She was so doped up on morphine that all she did was sleep most of the day away, and when she did wake up she didn't really recognize who we were.  But I was glad that I could be by her side when the final moments came to tell her how much I Loved her.  My sister, my girl friend Cheri and I, stayed by her side all night.  The nurses at the Hospice house had told us earlier in the day that the time was getting close.  So we all stayed to be with mom.

I have to say that all the nurses and staff at the Hospice of the Upstate Inc. 1835 Rogers Road
Anderson, SC, were so very nice and took exceptional care of my Mom.  They all made she that what ever she needed she received and they made certain that she was not in any pain.

We had the service for my Mom on Friday and I still can seem to accept that fact that she is not with us anymore, I still want to pick up the phone and give her a call to check on her and my Dad.

My Mom and Dad were married 54 years, it will be tough on my Dad adjusting to doing all the stuff around the house and not having Mom there with him.  It makes me sad to think how he must feel to not have her there, his life long partner is gone.  I am glad that my brother is there with him and they can both support each other.  I am also glad to have met so many of my Mom and Dad's friends and to see how supportive and kind they are.

I will be going back to see Dad and John soon, they will need all of us to help them through this, just as we will need them.

I Love You and will miss you everyday Mom, but I know you are in a better place.  Up there with Michael, Teenie, Nanny, Pop-pop and Grandpa Joe and all the other beloved that have passed on before us.

I know you are up there looking down on us all. I just hope that I continue to make you proud as I continue on my way training and running my races.

We will all see you again soon.

I Love You Mom.




No comments:

Post a Comment