Search This Blog

Friday, June 21, 2013

Feeling your Run

Hello Everyone,

Well yesterday was a rest day on the training schedule, but did I rest... No way.  I did an Insanity workout, "Max Recovery"  I want to know just what part of that workout was for recovery because that was pretty intense.

On schedule for today, 5 mile run, and it looks to be a beautiful first day of summer, so I am looking forward to a nice easy 5.

Which leads to the title of today's blog. Feeling your Run.

I was wondering how many people actually take the time during their run to actually enjoy the run and the world around them?  

I know most of the time when I am running I am way to focused on just getting the run done more than actually enjoying being out and being able to run or sometime I focus too much on my breathing, my posture, my turnover rate, or how I am landing on my feet.  I tend to over think these things instead of just letting them happen naturally.  So I wind up missing out on enjoying the feeling of my run and the things around me during my run.

I love running and being outdoors, it really doesn't matter what the conditions are outside I would rather be outside than in.  So running really fits with me.

Recently I have been going out for my runs with the intent on just enjoying the time outdoors and taking in all that the run has to offer.  It has been a little tough making that change, since I seems to keep falling into the old habit of focusing on the mechanics of how I am running.

I hope you all take the time to enjoy your runs today.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment