Search This Blog

Friday, June 14, 2013

Adding Insanity as part of your workout routine

So as I mentioned earlier, I started my 18 week marathon training this week and I have decided to add Shawn T's Insanity DVD training series into my weekly routine.  I actually started doing the Insanity training a couple weeks ago, just two days a week since I was still in training for a 1/2 marathon, doing more seemed like a bit too much.  So I started with just 2 days a week on my days that I didn't  have to run.  So in total I have done 7 Insanity workout so far.  I have to say that I can already feel a difference, my core feels stronger and firmer, crazy you might think, but I really can feel the difference. 

So now I am thinking, how can I fit more of these Insanity workouts into my routine.  Maybe I can get out an run early in the morning and then do Insanity later in the day. That could work, but I will need to be careful not to over do it.  

There are 2 sets of DVDs in this Insanity pack, a 60 day workout challenge.  I started with doing the fit test at home when I first got the DVDs, now I thought this would be pretty easy seeing how I run a lot, I thought I was in pretty good shape, boy was I wrong.  Just doing the fit test I was soaked with sweat and out of breath, that my friends is a workout in an of its self.  

So you work your way through the 1st set of 4 DVDs over the 1st 30 days and they are tough, but just when you think they are starting to get easier, you bump up to the 2nd set.  Which all start Max, like the 1st set wasn't intense enough now we are stepping up to MAX.   

Oh Yeah, there are 2 DVDs that say Recovery, don't be fooled by this bad boys, there is nothing recovery about them.  You are working your butt off just as hard. 

One thing I recommend, make sure to have some good Training Shoes, don't try doing this workout with the same shoes you use for running.  There is a lot of jumping and you really need to have the support of some good training shoes.  Also make sure to have some towels handy and plenty of water.  



Well that is all I have for today. 

Have a great day and get out there an run. 


  

No comments:

Post a Comment