Search This Blog

Monday, June 17, 2013

Week 2 of 18 Marathon training

Today starts week 2 marathon training.  Still a light week, longest run 9 miles on Saturday.

So I have been doing this smoothie thing since January, I purchased a Nutri-Bullet and almost every day I replace one meal with a smoothie drink.

My recipe is usually a variation of these ingredients

Fruits
Banana, Pineapple, Mango, Apple, Pear, Avocado
Greens
Spinach, Kale, Spring Lettuce Mix
Add-ins
Wheat Grass powder
Agave Nectar
Cashews, Almonds or Flax Seeds

So I usually a use a couple combinations of different fruits (lately it has been 1/2 cup Mango, 1/2 cup Pineapple, and 1 Banana with a big handful of some greens, a scoop of Wheat grass powder, a teaspoon of Agave Nectar and a bunch of nuts or seeds.  Oh yeah and about a cup of water to help make it easier to drink.  I tried using Strawberries and Blackberries but the Nutri-Bullet didn't break down the seeds very well  and I wasn't too fond of the way it felt drinking it with the seeds so I don't do Strawberries or Blackberries.

I usually have this smoothie after I do my run or workout, helps with replenishing nutrients and liquid and the will be my meal for that part of the day.  Surprisingly this will keep me satisfied until next meal time.

I think this has really been helpful with my recover after a run and keeping my weight in check.

Well that is all for now

Have a great day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment