Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Running and Hills

This brings to mind the hills in the ODDyssey Half I ran this past weekend.  It was between mile 2 and 3 that I started going down a long winding hill taking it pretty easy, when the thought occurred to me that at some point I am going to have to come back up this hill :( .  After that I didn't pay it much mind, just focused on running and listening to my music. Then as I pass the last water station at mile 12 it pops back into my head that hill, and as luck would have it, it made it's reappearance shortly after that water station. Turns out it was the last half mile of the race that this hill came back to kick me in the butt, it seemed twice as long and steep this time around.  I try to train for hills but living in South Jersey it is hard, since it is a pretty flat area and I despise running on a treadmill.  I work in Philly so during my weekday runs I go to a park near the office that has quite a few hills that I can train on.  

Found this online and figured I would share it, as we have all probably had this very same thought at sometime during our running.


No comments:

Post a Comment