Search This Blog

Thursday, October 17, 2013

Back to running today

Well I went for my first post Marathon run today, just a short 3 mile run, wound up being 3.36 miles.   I have been itching since Tuesday morning to get back out and getting some running done.  

Someone said that maybe I didn't push myself hard enough in the marathon, since I was able to get out and run again 4 days later.   I wish that person could have been there with me and felt the way that I did during miles 22 - 26.2.  It was not easy and I felt I was giving it all that I had left.  Maybe that fact that I like to run and to keep myself moving is the reason I wanted to get out there and run so quickly.

The first 2 days after the Marathon my legs felt tired and sore and it was very painful to go up and down stairs, but with a lot of stretching and walking I felt better by the third day.

Like I said I did 3 miles today and it felt great to get out there and get my legs loosened up, tomorrow I will rest again from running but hit the gym for some core work and stretching.

Oh yeah today I signed up for a 10K on November 3rd the runs across the Ben Franklin Bridge, this should be a great run.  I also signed up for the Philly Half Marathon Love Run which is in March 2014.   Need to keep the races lined up so I have some thing to strive for.   I like having races laid out and a training schedule to work off of and it allows me to set goals to strive for.

Keep up the running :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment