Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Feeling Good today

Day 3 post marathon race day.  Legs are feeling better and feeling ready to run, but I think I will take one more day of rest and stretching before I get back to running.   

Planning on a nice easy 3 mile run tomorrow followed up with some stretching and a bit of core work. 

Printed out my new Half Marathon 12 week training guide.  Going to be using the Hal Higdon 12 week Advanced Half Marathon training guide this go around.  Includes a bunch of speed work and strength training to build up your core. Training starts on 10/28/13  so I have 11 days to get fully recovered from my marathon before I am full blown into training mode again.  I am looking forward to this round of training and hopefully this will get me prepared to run a PB at the Half Marathon in the Bahamas on January 19th. 

On a separate topic, I just read today that the Marine Corps Marathon in Washington DC might get canceled due to the government shutdown.  They will make that call on Saturday the 19th if the government hasn't reopened by then it could really happen.  I just don't understand how these government officials are letting this drag out for so long.  Do these people not know who they are affecting and what will be happening to them come next election time.  I can't stand the read tape and the fact that these elected government officials do recognize that fact that come next election time there are going to be some replacement in both the House and the Senate.  

Oh sorry didn't mean to go off on a tangent there about political issues.  This is supposed to be about running. 


No comments:

Post a Comment