Search This Blog

Monday, October 14, 2013

Marathon results

AC Marathon competed, I felt really great during the race, thanks to @EnergyBits.  I took my dose of 30 EnergyBits about 20 minutes before the marathon started and I felt really great at the beginning of the race.  Pumped up and ready to run a great race.  I started out following the 4 Hour pacer, and making sure to get my water stops an some GU along the way and then at mile 13 another dose of 20 EnergyBits just for good measure.  All was going along well until around mile 19 when my legs started to cramp and ache.  Inside I was raring to go but my legs just didn't want to move that quickly.   So I slow to a walk for about a quarter mile, then I picked back up to running.  I was able to continue on for a couple miles before my legs began to protest again, so I slowed again walked a bit an then picked up the pace once again.  Then I was back on the AC boardwalk for the final 4 miles, with the added challenge of a 20 - 30 MPH head wind.  At one point the wind gust was so strong it actually stopped me in my tracks.  I managed to continue on fighting the wind, running for a mile then walk for a bit then continue on running to the finish line.  All in all I am happy with my finish time and I have to thank @EnergyBits for helping to keep me feeling strong and able to finish strong. Being #PoweredByBits I feel made a difference in when I hit the infamous wall and finishing the AC Marathon strong.

Next race coming up the Philadelphia Half Marathon in November, looking to improve my Half time on this race now that I have a good training base.

Stretching and Rest for a couple days and then back out there running and continue to work on speed training.



No comments:

Post a Comment