Search This Blog

Friday, October 4, 2013

9 Days and counting

Well the AC Marathon is now only 9 days away and I am in full taper mode.  Feeling pretty good with my running lately so feeling pretty good about running the marathon.

My only issue, Yesterday morning at about 4 AM I was awoken with a screaming cramp in my right calf muscle, when I woke up and got ready for work at 5 AM it was still feeling a bit tight and sore, but since it was going to be a rest day I didn't think much about it and just went about my day.  I did some stretching yesterday and it was feeling better later in the day.  My issue is that when I woke up this morning it was still feeling tight an sore, this is a little concerning for me since I only have 9 days to marathon day and I am supposed to run 3 and 8 this weekend.  Gonna load up on the bananas and water today and keep stretching and hopefully it will be feeling better by tomorrow morning.

I haven't posted in a few days, since I took a trip to go see my Dad and brother in SC.  Needed to check up on them to see how they are doing since Mom passed in July.  I am happy to report that they are doing good, and the house actually looked to be in good shape, and that John has taken on doing most of the cooking for Dad and himself.  Now the next hurdle is getting through the holidays without Mom, it will be a tough one for everyone I am sure, especially Dad and John.  Dad was already talking about not having a tree for Christmas, but we will have to see what we can do about that.   I will have to call the rest of the clan to see what plans if any they have for Christmas this year.

Anyways back to running stuff,  running is going good and I am already starting to plan my races for next year.  On the schedule as of right now Bahamas 1/2 marathon on January 19th  along with a weeks vacation in the Bahamas.  Then a possible 1/2 marathon on March 30th  followed by the 10 Mile Broad Street run on May 4th, then the Oddyessey Half on June 8th and the Rock n Roll Half on September 21st.  All that along with some shorter races in between and hopefully squeeze a marathon in there somewhere and possible a Warrior Dash just to shake things up a little bit.

Well that is my plans for next year and my hope is to get some new PRs in some of these races.

Let me know your plans. .


No comments:

Post a Comment