Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

18 Days and counting

Well the NJ A.C. Marathon date is quickly approaching, 18 days and counting.   Did a nice 5.5 mile run today in some beautiful cool Fall weather.

I am really feeling pretty good these days with my running distances and times.  I have to give thanks to @EnergyBits for giving me the extra boost I need during my runs to get them done.

Went and got a new pair of sneakers last week and have been running with them now for a couple runs, they are feeling pretty good, even considering using them for the Marathon.  They will have close to 80 miles on them by the time the marathon day comes around.

Well today I ran 5.5 miles it was supposed to be a easy paced run.  I started out trying to keep it easy but the nice cool weather was so darn tempting and I was feeling so good that I just couldn't hold back.

Mile      Pace
1           8:14
2           6:47
3           7:59
4           6:50
5           7:37

For an average pace of 7:31 per mile with a 41:31 finish time.

I have to be careful come marathon race day, I need to keep my pace slow for the 5 or so miles then I can inch up a little.  

Well have a great day running all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment