Search This Blog

Thursday, September 19, 2013

Rest day today

Today is a rest day, but we all know what that means.  How many people actually rest on a rest day?  I usually find some activity other than running to do on a rest day.  Going to the gym for some weight training, or maybe even just some stretching and foam roller action.

20 mile training run coming up this weekend, hoping for some really nice weather and some good running.  As part of my 20 mile run I will do a 8.4 mile lap for Back On My Feet 20in24 challenge in Philly.  Doing this with 4 other members from my day job.  Yeah I work 2 jobs and run 5 days a week along with other stuff.  Don't know how my girlfriend puts up with me. :)  

This weekend is my last long run before the marathon, taper starts next week.  23 more days till the Atlantic City NJ Marathon, getting that little nervous feeling in my stomach.   You would think this is my first marathon, but it will by my 4th, so I should be used to this and ready for it, but I still have this little nervous twinge in my stomach.  

I was thinking about what my next challenge should be, and I have been reading a lot of post online about people that have run consecutive days, this one guy has run 667 days in a row.  That is pretty amazing.  So I was sorta thinking something along those line and possible signing up for an Ultra Marathon, but not sure about what to do yet.  Well I have a few more weeks to decide, once the marathon is over I will start my next challenge.  If you have any ideas let me know them.




No comments:

Post a Comment