Search This Blog

Monday, September 23, 2013

Let the taper begin

Well Saturday was my last long run 18 miles done and now the taper begins.  20 days till the NJ AC Marathon, I think I am in pretty good shape for this one.  Given that I haven't been able to get all the training runs done due to family issues.  I feel confident that I will be able to get this one finished, maybe not in the time that I was looking for this year, but I will get it done.

I will have to wait until next year to make my run for a new PR in a marathon finish.

So anyways, I was able to finish my 18 miles in 2:36.41 average pace just under 9 minute miles. I am pretty happy with that pace, but I will need to start out the marathon a little bit slower for the first 4 or 5 miles, just to make sure I have some juice at the end of the race.

Today was a easy 5 mile run, perfect weather for a nice noon time run with my running partner. 5.25 mile run in 45.02 for a 8.57 average pace.

Like I said feeling pretty good with my running right now and I have to say that @EnergyBits has been playing a big part in how I have been feeling lately.  #PoweredByBit Thanks to @EnergyBits for getting me back out on the road running and feeling great.  Feeling energized and raring to get out that and run.

Have a great running day all.

No comments:

Post a Comment