Search This Blog

Thursday, September 12, 2013

Training update, stretching / rest day.

Today is a stretching / rest day, but I was thinking of adding some light weight training to the mix.  

Sunday is the Rock & Roll Philly Half marathon, looking forward to this one.  I have been feeling pretty good lately with my running getting stronger and faster each run.  Sunday will be the true test. just have to remember to keep my pace at the start of the race and not get caught up in what everyone else is trying to run.  I made that mistake on my first big race, I was feeling good and tried to keep up with the faster runners until around mile 10 of 26.2 then I slowed to my normal pace, but at that point it was too late.  7 more miles down the road and BAM!!! hit that wall pretty darn hard.  I managed to finish the race but, not at the time that I had prepared/trained to run.  It wasn't really that bad of a finish time, just not what I was prepared to run. But I think I have learned my lesson and will concentrate on making sure I stick to my pace. 

Tomorrow will be an easy 4 mile run then a rest day on Saturday in prep for the 1/2 on Sunday. 

Well on a positive note my @EnergyBits have arrived today.   Can't wait to get them incorporated into my training and racing.  One question for those that take EnergyBits, Do you take them everyday?  Do you take the recommended 30 bits everyday or just on days you are training or racing? 

Have a great day all. 



No comments:

Post a Comment