Search This Blog

Thursday, September 5, 2013

Back on Track day 11

Well it was a nice day to run again today, 78 degrees partly cloudy and low humidity. :-)  Got out there at lunch time and got a nice 5.16 mile run in.

Mile      Pace
1           8:55
2           7:40
3           8:07
4           8:13
5           8:40
For an average pace of 8:20 per mile with a 43:01 finish time.

Not a bad pace for a 5 mile run, put I know I will not be able to keep that pace up for the Rock & Roll 1/2 coming up next weekend.  I will have to make sure to pace myself at the start so I don't burn myself out early in the race.  I am looking for a 1:58 finish time so I will need to keep a 9:00 pace which should be doable.

This weekend is my longest run this training set, 20 miles, luckily it is supposed to be a good weekend cool and low humidity.  Just need to get out early on Saturday morning.

 Well that is my update for today.  Hope you are all having a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment