Search This Blog

Monday, September 16, 2013

Rock & Roll Philly Half done

Well it was a beautiful Sunday morning for a Half Marathon.  Couldn't have asked for better temps and sunshine.

I had a pretty good race started out pretty strong going a little be faster than my normal pace for the first couple of miles, then I dropped it back to my regular pace, cause I knew I wouldn't be able to keep going at that pace.  I actually ended up with a pretty good time 02:04:16

Here is my rankings:
Overall: 7711 out of 24295
Division: 329 out of 726
Gender: 4176 out of 8552
5 km = 26:57  10km = 55:02 10mi = 1:33:07
Pace = 9:29

I am happy with my results given the lack of proper training that I have had over the last couple of months.

Next up full Marathon in Atlantic City NJ on October 13th.

Just a quick shout out to @EnergyBits,  Took the recommended 30 tablets about 20 minutes before the start of the 1/2 marathon and I felt great the whole race, didn't have to stop an take any GU's along the way.  

Resting today and then back to training tomorrow, need to get ready for the big 20 mile run this weekend.

Have a great day all.



No comments:

Post a Comment