Search This Blog

Friday, September 20, 2013

Marathon Training / EnergyBits update

Well feeling pretty darn good after today's run.   Went for a run with my normal running buddy, we have been running together for about 3 years now and have done multiple races together.  She normally kicks my butt as far as pace goes, which I don't mind since she is in great shape and about 12 years younger than I am.  

But today, thanks to @EnergyBits she was the one that had a bit of a challenge keeping up the pace with me today on our 5 mile run. Thanks to #PoweredByBits I was finally able to give her the challenge that she has always been giving me. 

So today I had a great run 5.36 mile run and was feeling pretty darn good about my pace.

Mile      Pace

1           8:24
2           7:40
3           7:52
4           7:10
5           8:21

For an average pace of 7:55 per mile with a 42:26 finish time.


Tomorrow is the big test, how can @EnergyBits do with a 20 mile run.  Last big run before the marathon, and then taper begins next week. 

Have a great running weekend everyone.  


No comments:

Post a Comment