Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Rest day today. Will do some stretching today.

Well today I elected to take a rest day.  The weather here in Philly is changing and it is getting hotter again. mid 80s today and into the 90s tomorrow.

But my rest day is for good reason as I will get out early and run tomorrow morning.  Going to run 9.11 miles in memory of the 9/11 anniversary and for all those that we lost and for those that were and are still affected by the events on that terrible day.

I still remember where I was and what I was doing that very morning, and how at first it was reported that a small plane had crashed into the towers.

I don't know anyone that was directly affected by this senseless act of cruelty, but it makes me sad to just think about that day and all the lives that where changed by a bunch of cowardly people.

I guess in reality every one's life was changed in some way due to these people, some more cruelly and dramatically then most, but we have all seen and felt the results of their actions.

I dispise what they have done to our country, and our lives.

So tomorrow I will run 9.11 miles to remember this day and to show my respect for those that were lost, those that are still suffering, and those that are still fighting for our freedom.




No comments:

Post a Comment